Friday, September 3, 2010

sucks

a few blog post ago i mentioned that i'll be starting on my braces.
well, many have u have since then been asking me why i'm doing it,
and why now?

Mm... i don't like how my teeth looks?
and i'm free?
maybe?

well, did u know the pre-process is just as long?
u'll need to consult with the Dentist.
he goes thru the entire process.
x-rays are taken. moulds are made.
u come back a week later for see if u can start on the braces.

i had no such luck.
long story short,
my gum was not healthy enough for the braces.
i needed to 'fix' them first.
and that takes another 3 months of treatment before going further.
and all this because of SMOKING.

SMOKING weakens the gum.
even with the regular visits to the dentist's chair,
the problem is hard to spot.
'POCKETS' is what they are called.
the POCKET space between your tooth and your gum.
they collect food particle, germs, etc that causes the gum to weaken.
and SMOKING is a major culprit!
an x-ray is the only way to see the problem.

so now, after 2 sessions of treatment and 20years of SMOKING,
i'm waiting for my gum to improve so i can start on my braces.

sucks.
i miss my reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment